Professional Services


An NIE, which stands for Numero Iden­tidad Extranjeros, is a Span­ish tax iden­ti­fic­a­tion num­ber assigned by the Na­tional Police to all for­eign­ers with fiscal ob­lig­a­tions in Spain. You will require one prior to work­ing in Spain, open­ing a bank ac­count, pur­chas­ing a prop­erty, ob­tain­ing a mortgage, etc. The pro­ced­ure to ap­ply for your NIE without speak­ing the lan­guage can be dif­fi­cult and stress­ful. Thats why we work with trusted partners, to ensure that we have all the doc­u­ments and information re­quired by the au­thor­it­ies, as well as filling out the relevant ap­plic­a­tion forms and pay­ing the appropriate gov­ern­ment taxes. Our partners can either accom­pany you to the appoint­ment or we can ap­ply for your NIE num­ber on your be­half us­ing Power of Attorney as your legal repres­ent­at­ives. 

Residencia / TIE

The residencia card has been replaced with a TIE Card (Tarjeta de Identificación de Extranjeros). The TIE will be a biometric card and will prove your eligibility to benefit from the rights included under the Withdrawal Agreement. The card will also mean your status will be that of a legally resident ‘third-country’ national.

Spanish Will

Without a valid Spanish Last Will, your beneficiaries are left with the problem of obtaining a Grant of Letter of Administration and appointing an administrator in your absence to deal with disposing of your estate under the rules of intestacy. This can take many months. In the meantime your surviving spouse or partner has all of the usual, household, weekly, monthly, and daily expenses to find. There is also the expense of preparing an official translation of your national Will and its legalisation to bear in mind, which together will cost significantly more than preparing a Spanish Will.

Power of Attorney

A Power of Attorney is known as ‘Escritura de Poder,’ or ‘Poder Notarial’ in Spanish. A Power of Attorney is a legal document or written authorisation that must be signed in front of a Notary by which you empower an experienced and trustworthy person to act on your behalf in legal matters or transactions

Translation Services

We have teamed up with trusted partners so that we can of­fer you of­fi­cial or non    o­ffi­cial trans­la­tions services. 

We can also provide interpret­ers if re­quired for medical appointments, support at town halls etc 

Of­fi­cial trans­la­tions are mandat­ory when a legal docu­ment from out­side of Spain is re­quired for any official doc­u­ment, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate etc.

Spanish Driving License

If you want to drive in Spain, you can use your foreign driving license for the first six months for up to two years if you’re from the EU or EEA area (European Economic Area).

If you want to continue driving in Spain on a UK Licence, you will need to replace your UK Licence for its Spanish equivalent as well as relinquishing the original.

Energy Certificates

This cer­ti­fic­ate is issued by the architect to describe how en­ergy efficient the prop­erty is. The architect as­signs an en­ergy rat­ing on a scale from “A” to “G”. It is the vendor’s duty to pro­duce this cer­ti­fic­ate when for the new own­ers be­fore completion. The cer­ti­fic­ate is valid for 10 years., and the new own­ers do not need to ob­tain a new certificate dur­ing this period un­less they modify the property in any way.

Habitation Certificates

By law, it is the vendor´s responsibility to provide a valid Hab­it­a­tion Cer­ti­fic­ate when selling property. Most certificates are valid for 5 years, de­pend­ing on the town. We work with trusted partners to assist you in obtaining this vital document during your buying or selling process. Obtaining a Habitation Certificate will involve liaising with local town halls. There are a number of as­pects that the Town hall must con­sid­er­, and ob­tain­ing this cer­ti­fic­ate may not be as simple as it seems. The author­it­ies have be­come more stringent in these matters recently. If you are buy­ing a new build prop­erty, the Habitation Certific­ate that the developer provides will be valid for 10 years, as opposed to 5 years for a resale property.

To Enquire about any of our services please contact us below

Compare listings